If you are intending to visit the Cyprus Parachute Centre (CPC), there are a few things you should know.
- The club opens at weekends only and has 1 or 2 special week-long events during the year. These events are posted on our facebook page.
- The club is affiliated to the British Skydiving (BS), formerly the British Parachute Association, and you must join in order to have insurance, this can be done on the day you arrive.
- The parachute centre is a British Military facility and therefore will require a security check from persons of certain nationalities if you are staying for any length of time. This means you will not be able to use the centre after the first visit until these checks are complete.
- We need to see all your skydiving documents; photos, scans and electronic records are not acceptable.
- Equipment needs to conform to the BS standard, it will be checked by a rigger. If your reserve repack cycle is 12 months or more, the reserve must have at least 6 months left before a repack. The BS standard is 6 months.
- The parachute centre is unable to offer equipment for hire until further notice.
- British Skydiving (BS) has a new set of regulations regarding canopy sizes related to your experience level, please check first if you'll be allowed to use the canopy your currently flying.
- Whilst we have members able to speak other languages, as a matter of safety, your own ability to speak English should be reasonable; if you need continual translation, you may be prevented from skydiving at the CPC.
- If you have any questions, please email us and we will be happy to help.